Yanmar has announced that its new smart vineyard robot, the YV01, is now in full production and available for the Champagne and wine market in France. With a suite of advanced technology, the spraying robot is fully autonomous. It relieves wine growers of labour-intensive work in vineyards and improves productivity, profitability, and safety. The vineyard robot will be sold and serviced by Yanmar Vineyard Solutions SAS, a dedicated, new Yanmar Group company in France.
Established in Épernay, France, Yanmar Vineyard Solutions SAS is close to its customers, at the heart of the Champagne and wine production region. The newly founded Yanmar Group company will be focusing on:
- Introduction of the YV01 smart spraying robot into the vineyard market
- Sales, service, and support for autonomous vineyard operation
- Rollout of a professional dealer network with existing and new dealers
- Continuous development of technology and new features, for example, weeding
- Rollout to other wine areas in France and other European countries