UK soft fruit growers continue to focus on extending the crop season in order to meet the increasing demand for locally grown produce, while at the same time managing risks associated with labour shortages, water restrictions and increased regulation.
So, CMW Horticulture and Priva invite interested growers to attend a free, information packed one day seminar which will address many of these issues.
A panel of expert speakers from the UK and Holland will focus on:
- Multispan structures to extend the growing season – Glass and polythene. Andre van Dam of Certhon and Ben van der Heide of VDH Foliekassen
- Achieving increased productionthrough correct plant and water balance – Hein Jasperse of Priva B.V.
- The use of thermal screens to save energy and ensure the ideal plant and water balance – Mario Scherpenzeel of Ridder Climate Screens B.V. and Gordon Badham of CMW Horticulture
- Wireless technologiesin the field – Steve Archer of 30MHz
- Making the most of the RHI- Thomas Wilkins of NFU Energy
Want to hear more? Attend the free seminar at the Red House Hotel, Coupar, Angus on the 26th March. All those attending will receive a goody bag from the sponsors!
The day will begin with registration from 09:00 and close at 15:30 – Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis so confirming your attendance as soon as possible in recommended, no later than Friday 15th March.