The UK fresh produce industry enjoyed an evening sizzling with success as it celebrated the outstanding achievements of individuals and businesses at the 2015 FreshAwards, with major sponsors Florette and Prophet.
“All the winners and finalists deserve recognition for their achievements,” commented Nigel Jenney, Chief Executive of the Fresh Produce Consortium. “Our industry should be proud of the high standards of excellence which are showcased by the FreshAwards.”
Four hundred people attended the gala evening which was hosted by Sue Perkins, comedienne & TV presenter, at the Intercontinental Park Lane on Thursday 4 June 2015.
On the night the highest accolades were awarded to:
Aldi – Fresh Produce Business of the Year, sponsored by It’sFresh!
“Aldi has proved that a supermarket chain can thrive and grow in challenging times without compromising on quality or customer service.”
Dr Steve Rothwell of Vitacress – Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by Florette
“For his pioneering and innovative work to develop new varieties and production techniques for baby leaf salads, changing the face of the UK salad market.”
The winners of the individual 2015 FreshAwards are:
Individual Excellence – sponsored by the National Skills Academy
- Brian Moralee of Vitacress – Manager of the Year: “For his passion in pioneering UK organic tomato production.”
- Luke Retchless of Fesa- Young Person of the Year: “For his enthusiastic leadership in establishing and managing a successful ripening suite.”
Supply Chain Excellence
- Nationwide Produce Plc – Foodservice Supplier of the Year, sponsored by AC Goatham & Son: “For a progressive family business giving added value to the supply chain.”
- Pacific Produce – Wholesale Supplier of the Year, sponsored by Spitalfields Market: “For an award winning wholesale business with strong commitment to quality, brand and packaging innovation.”
- QV Foods – Supermarket Supplier of the Year, sponsored by Perishable Movements International: “For continual growth through innovation and a unique understanding of the market place.”
- Zest Flowers – Wholesale Floral Supplier of the Year, sponsored by FPC: “For a unique range of wild British flowers, helping customers to stand out from the crowd.”
- Zyon UK – Multiple Floral Supplier of the Year, sponsored by FPC: “For impressive sales growth through strong performance and innovative retail offers.”
Over 11,000 consumers voted online for the winners of the Convenience Retailer, Multiple Retailer and Multiple Floral Retailer awards.
- Aldi – Multiple Retailer of the Year, sponsored by QV Foods, and Multiple Floral Retailer of the Year, sponsored by Zyon: “A winning combination of value for money and insistence on quality.”
- M&S Simply Food – Convenience Retailer of the Year, sponsored by QV Foods: “Simply best in class: a quality range of products, with knowledgeable staff providing superb customer service.”
- The Fruit Market – Independent Retailer of the Year, sponsored by QV Foods: “For a flourishing high street business with a commitment to traditional service.”
- Aldi – Best Place to Work, sponsored by Freeths: “For its focus on teamwork, and commitment to developing and supporting staff.”
- Aldi – Marketing Campaign of the Year, sponsored by Prophet: “For developing Super6 as a major player in price promotion and healthy eating campaigns.”
- Blue Skies – CSR Excellence, sponsored by Food Experts: “For its inspirational commitment to ethnical and sustainable business practices.”
- Delifresh – Innovation of the Year, sponsored by NFT Distribution: “For promoting great tasting UK tomatoes, grown in the winter thanks to LED technology.”