At this 5th edition the common thread of the programme will be ‘Happy Food Healthy Flowers’ with more than 100 knowledge sessions at 4 stages; the Vision, Crops, Technology and Vertical & Indoor Farming & Medicinal Cannabis Theatre.
Sneak peek programme
The knowledge programme contributes to the global health trend which is of even bigger importance after the pandemic. That’s why ‘Happy Food Healthy Flowers’ is again the common thread and will be the main theme at the Vision Theatre. At the Crops Theatre tips and tricks but also trends in the field of vegetables, soft fruits, flowers, herbs and new crops will be discussed.
Everything horticultural professionals want to know about water, energy and automation solutions they can find at the Technology Theatre. Last but not least, at the Vertical & Indoor Farming & Medicinal Cannabis Theatre the latest trends and developments in these segments will be addressed.
- Tuesday 14 June, 09.00 – 10.00 hrs: Opening & announcement winners Innovation Awards 2022 with speakers Mariska Dreschler (Director of Horticulture, GreenTech Global), Liselotte de Vries (TU Delft, Chairmen of the Innovation Awards Jury 2022)and Werner Schouten (Constructive rebel & sustainability expert – former president of youth climate movement)
- Tuesday 14 June: Energy efficiency– Government meets Grower dialogue with speakers of the AVAG and TNO
- Wednesday 15 June: Vision on greenhouseof the future (autonomous) hosted by BASF vegetable seeds business
- Tuesday 14 June: Crop Management and Optimization with Mark van Hoogdalem, Catarina Carpineti and Pieter de Visser of the Wageningen University & Research
- Wednesday 15 June: Foot printing as tool to improve sustainability by TNO, Let’s Grow and MPS
- Tuesday 14 June: Digital greenhouse by Silke Hemmings and Anna Petropoulou of the Wageningen University & Research, Jaques Verhoosel of TNO and Max van den Hemel of Delphy
- Wednesday 15 June: The Autonomous Greenhouse Challenge (organised by Silke Hemming of the Wageningen University & Research). 2 teams, VeggieMight and Koala, will give the audience a look behind the scenes and explain the results of the challenge
Vertical & Indoor Farming (partners: FarmTech Society, Indoor Farming Netherlands and Agritecture) & Medicinal Cannabis Theatre (partner: Cultivators):
- Tuesday 14 June: Vertical Farming: A Game Changer in Produce? Nico Domurath (Fraunhofer) and Tisha Livingston (Infinite Acres)
- Tuesday 14 June: Is Vertical Farming Sustainable? Tinia Pina (Re-Nuble)
- Tuesday 14 June: Medicinal Cannabis in the spotlight by speakers of Fluence by OSRAM, Signify and Hortilux
- Wednesday 15 June: Pioneer get killed, Settlers get rich – Indoor Growing Pain by Judith van Heck (Imagro)
- Thursday 16 June: Medicinal Cannabis growers insights by Origine Nature Inc.
GreenTech receives a lot of support from the industry. Check out the long list of companies here who will be exhibiting at the show.
Free registration for GreenTech Amsterdam until 6 June
Visitors can register free of charge on www.greentech.nl. Between 6 – 13 June, visitors pay the registration fee of €69.99 including VAT per person. At the door during the show on 14, 15 and 16 June, the fee will be €99.99.