- Phone 01526 342466
- Email email@example.com
- Website www.pellcroft.com
- Website www.potatocrates.com
The Blackburn Potato Chitting Crate from Pellcroft
The potato farmer’s practical alternative to potato chitting trays or boxes.
- Inspection and control are easier than with any other known type of chitting container.
- The design of the curved welded mesh interior ensures that no surface of the potato is any more than 3” from light making inspection and control easier.
- The all-metal construction is hygienic and cannot carry disease and is ideal for dipping and fogging.
- Suitable for use when chitting in a glasshouse or controlled environment store and can be integrated with existing trays or bulk containers.
- The advantages of the Blackburn Crate in the field are many, but mainly in the saving of labour and time. The labour required from the store to the planter hopper can be reduced from 3 to just 1.
- All potatoes can be poured into the planter hopper with a teleporter with a box tipper attachment.
- The planter hopper can be refilled more rapidly, enabling the planting of greater acreage.
- A side rotating crate design is also available, with forklift tine runners along the length of the crate allowing a box rotator to be used.