A live webinar with the latest news from The WET Centre at NIAB EMR will be screened at 10.00am on Thursday 2 July.
With the coronavirus pandemic leading to multiple cancellations of our regular fruit industry events – including Fruit Focus 2020 – the opportunities for growers, agronomists and technologists to keep in touch with the ongoing demonstration work at The WET Centre are fewer this year. Therefore, the WET Centre partners have found an alternative approach and AHDB will host this live webinar to ensure that the industry remains informed.
Joining host Scott Raffle, Knowledge Exchange Manager at AHDB, will be The WET Centre Manager, Mark Else, who will outline some of the results from previous years and how this has led to our 2020 work programme. Mark will explain more about some of the topics in focus this year, including:
- The cause of increased yields from white growbags compared to black bags
- Mathematical models to predict harvest dates and yields of Class 1 fruit
- Understanding why row position within tunnels affects yields and fruit quality
- Refining models to predict the risk of powdery mildew and Botrytis infection
- New precision fertigation technology for raspberry.
Some of the other WET Centre partners will also be present, including Delta-T, Netafim UK and Stoller Europe. Their representatives will explain their involvement in the Centre, the technology they provide and the benefits this brings to the demonstration of best practice in precision irrigation and fertigation.
Visit the AHDB Events page on the website to sign-up to this webinar at ahdb.org.uk/events