The Commercial Horticultural Association (CHA) is once again organising the British Group at IPM Essen, supported by the Department for International Trade and presenting a range of companies offering new varieties and innovative technologies in Halls 7 and 3.
- Air-Pot® – Air-Pot containers allow plants to develop a healthy non spiralling root system which promotes faster growth, better resistance to disease and bigger yields. They are made from recycled plastic and come in a large range of sizes suitable for everything from seed propagation to growing the largest trees.
- David Austin Roses – David Austin Roses are the award-winning breeders and growers of fragrant English Roses. They are new roses in the old tradition, with an abundance of beauty and health, repeat-flowering from early summer through to the autumn. With new varieties being introduced every year, the collection continues to grow providing great choice and versatility, catering for different positions in the garden as well as diversity of climates. Available as bare root and containerised plants.
- Fairweather’s Nursery – For 2020 Fairweather’s will launch Agapanthus ‘Poppin’ Purple’. Agapanthus ‘Poppin’ Purple’ has amazing burgundy-purple flowers of a colour and intensity quite unlike other purple Agapanthus, and it flowers more freely then existing varieties such as ‘Purple Delight’. ‘Poppin’ Purple’ has a long flowering period thanks to its ability to re-bloom throughout the summer (featured image). This Agapanthus grows faster than other similar varieties such as ‘Purple Delight’. It grows about 60 cm tall and 45 cm wide.
- G Plants Ltd – G Plants specialise in designing and manufacturing quality growing gifts sets in the UK using EU quality seeds, bulbs and perennials, ideal for garden centre and gift shop sales. Top selling brands including BEES® Seeds, Speedy Seed®, Indoor Flavours and Patio Flavours ranges are ever growing, with new lines added for 2020 sales. Many items are now available in multi-lingual packaging, with the opportunity to order own brand packaging to suit the European market.
- The Guernsey Clematis Nursery – Guernsey Clematis based on the island of Guernsey, produces twice pruned liners of clematis in 7cm pots and a smaller number of younger 3cm Ellegaard plugs for the wholesale nursery trade in the UK, Europe, North & South America, China etc. Their new variety for 2020 is the dwarf “Elodi™ Tudor Patio® Evipo115(N) (featured image) which received several New Plant Awards in 2019 at the National Plant Show in the UK. Elodi produces masses of magenta pink flowers above compact mound forming foliage. It is ideal for small containers, window boxes, borders etc.
- INDO Lighting – INDO is an innovative UK manufacturer of highly stable, cost-effective LED lighting solutions for commercial growers and nurseries. Their driverless LED grow light (INDO ELEMENT) can be installed without re-wiring and has no driver to worry about, giving customers 100,000 hours continuous operation that won’t degrade or shift in any way. Perfect 1-for-1 replacement of up to 1000W HPS lighting units where you want to maintain the existing growing topology.
- Must Have Perennials – Must Have Perennials will be displaying a selection from their plant offering which is produced via a licensee network throughout the EU and UK.
- PPC Labels – PPC Labels specialises in custom design Labels, Packaging, Point of Sale and Catalogues. Their team of experienced project managers look after every aspect of production from copy writing, photo selection and proofing.
- Tildenet Ltd – Tildenet continue to offer their range of horticultural netting and fabrics, including Permatex ground cover, Loktex Shading nets, Thermagro Frost protection, bird netting, and anti-insect netting. Also launching into Europe with their new environmentally friendly range of propagation, including bamboo pots, coco pots and recycled plastic air pruning pots as well as the established air pruning Rootrainers™ range
- Tyne Moulds & Machinery Co Ltd – Established for over 40 years, Tyne Moulds & Machinery offer labels, growers sundries and tree care products for growers, landscapers and garden centres, sold via some of the largest horticultural wholesalers across the world. They are proud to use 90% recycled consumer plastics in the making of all their products even granulating waste materials to recycle and use again.
- Whetman Plants International – Young plant supply, plant breeding, breeder’s agent, UK contract production.
- Wonderwall – Specialists in living walls, offering services for the retail and professional landscaping sectors.
The CHA will have its own stand within the group area, which will be manned by multilingual staff, who can provide buyers with information on a comprehensive range of UK products, suppliers and growers offering international buyers excellent service and innovations.
Visitors to the CHA stand will be able to access a meeting area with refreshments and can take a copy of the CHA Buyers’ Guide, containing information on all CHA members, also the British Group Preview plus they can collect their copy of the UK government-supported publication highlighting UK Capability in Commercial Horticulture.